The Government provides funding each year to schools for sports, this is called our sports premium funding. This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for; Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
The money allocated to our school is to be spent on improving the quality of sport, physical activity and physical education (PE) for all our children. The sport funding can only be spent on this provision in our school. This funding must be used for the benefit of all our primary-aged pupils, so that they develop healthy active lifestyles.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that we should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
For example, we can use our funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.
- run sport competitions.
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
We have received £14,082 for the financial year 2017/2018.
|Primary Sport Premium Action Plan 17-18||[pdf 254KB]|